Tony Dubovsky is in the process of leaving his Wurster office—after almost five decades!—which means letting go not just of physical things, but also a revisiting of many many thoughts and memories. The photos following, together with the writing, are part of this, and I’d like to share them with you—friends and students, students and friends, over the many years. Just like one of my classes--spontaneous, inadvertent--where we can touch on anything, and opening is the goal...
Sunday, May 12, 2019
Robin
Robin. Robin's my great helper in all of this. She's an artist who's also an archivist--which is a blessing, because it means she knows what to do. "We'll get through this!"--that's Robin's mantra--and I do believe her.
Here seen tucked into the available space between the Oaxacan chicken and yet another guitar. She's not thrown by things like this--last week she was down on the floor, stretched out, pushing boxes back under a chair after we'd made a decision about X, Y or Z. (A sampling of old wood-font print type, actually.) I like her presence because she's from Texas, and has that can-do attitude, but with very good spirits--and an interest in almost everything. (Probably reading more Octavio Paz as we speak...)
It's good to have someone you can talk with!
___
(I won't spill the beans about our luncheon at Top Dog.)
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment