Friday, May 17, 2019

San Miguel







































San Miguel. A bedroom in in San Miguel--sent to us by Sara (Sara Wildavsky). It was the México class, in 2017, she'd volunteered--our foreign correspondent, perhaps--living in San Miguel, she'd go out and record the town. A very good eye--I loved getting them every few days--Sara's photographs, as if we were right there alongside--all the things you see when you don't plan the view, the details of an encounter with daily life. Sara very good at this, out of her own necessity. She'd been here once--at Cal, I mean--the friends and connections still strong. So that when she wrote--a kind of long-distance auditor--of course I said yes.

ED11A years back--Sara was in the group. Along with William (see painting below) and Kevin and friends. Wildavsky became Wild, for a time--also out of necessity--and then the music followed--a salsa career of her own invention. (Salsa trombone!) The paintings, too--one a day, I understand. It's a tradition.

Thank you Sara. The class loved you. These were more important than you knew...

_____

(The class: VS 185X: Songs & Places: México)


.

No comments: