Tony Dubovsky is in the process of leaving his Wurster office—after almost five decades!—which means letting go not just of physical things, but also a revisiting of many many thoughts and memories. The photos following, together with the writing, are part of this, and I’d like to share them with you—friends and students, students and friends, over the many years. Just like one of my classes--spontaneous, inadvertent--where we can touch on anything, and opening is the goal...
Monday, May 13, 2019
Netherlandish Baroque
Netherlandish Baroque. A Jacob Vosmaer still-life, except that the Medaglia d'Oro espresso can brings in an Italian touch--which better suits the stormy arrangement. Actually, the flowers aren't arranged at all--they've been just this way for a long time, my intermediate zone between Wurster and the world.
I think that's a figure down below, someone leaning back against the parapet, legs extended--and the light through the eucalyptus again shows the time of day--early evening. It's later than that now, here where I write--all stars and darkness. I'll head out for a walk soon, take a respite from all this attentiveness. Or is it obsession--as if to tell each story, sometimes again and again, would free me to say finally goodbye...
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment