Tony Dubovsky is in the process of leaving his Wurster office—after almost five decades!—which means letting go not just of physical things, but also a revisiting of many many thoughts and memories. The photos following, together with the writing, are part of this, and I’d like to share them with you—friends and students, students and friends, over the many years. Just like one of my classes--spontaneous, inadvertent--where we can touch on anything, and opening is the goal...
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Lavoro
Lavoro. No, I don’t spend all my time drinking! I think it’s just those impossibly beautiful reflections on the various bottles. The rims of the two maté gourds. And the dusky orange label on the Grifone Primitivo (left over from one of the Songs & Places finales). Or maybe the one rose winding its way up from its clear glass container. Time of day, of course. Always my favorite hour. And those windows again. Ages of stain. I have to say that I’m very glad they never get washed. Would like to think that the cleaning crew recognizes all this, doesn’t want to break the spell. But it’s probably not so. More just the challenge of dodging everything in here—so they let it be.
Bless them for doing such fine work!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment