Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Berkeley Rain







































Berkeley Rain. I've always liked pictures like this--the present one from January of this year. (The 15th--my mother's birthday.) And taken from inside the car--so that the entire vehicle is like a big camera, and the blur of the window becomes a part of the scene. Inside/outside, it's always that way. There's a story for everything here, but that's not really the point. I simply wanted to include it, palm fronds and rickety fence, the half-soaked parapet, touch of red on right, as in an old Chinese painting. A little small for that, actually--maybe just a touch of red.

I'd taken a photo like this many years before--driving up Ensenada, one of the first times after we got the house off Solano, in 1976. It was early fall, the first day of rain--always very special--when the sky clouds over for hours on end, and a different kind of wind sweeps in from across the bay...
_____

There's a house behind the green, but that story remains veiled as well... 

.

No comments: